2021 Scarecrow Extravaganza!
Main Street Brenham is calling all businesses, clubs, classrooms, individuals, and families to participate in our 18th Annual Scarecrow Extravaganza!
There will be $1525 in cash prizes this year!
CATEGORIES AND SPONSORS INCLUDE:
- Best Overall - $300; KTEX/KWHI
- Most Votes - $200; Hermann Furniture
- Judges Choice - $200; Must Be Heaven
- Best Fall Theme - $125; Board & Brush
- Most Creative - $125; Scrubs N Stuff Boutique
- Most Educational - $125; The Book Nook
- Silliest - $125; Faubion Designs
- Cutest - $125; The Canyon Chick
- Honorable Mention - $100; Branded Boutique
- Honorable Mention - 100; Timeless Designs Market
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER!
- August 27 - September 24 - Registration Open
- October 1: scarecrows placed downtown
- October 2 - October 23: voting in SPONSORING STORES
- October 26: winners announced!
- October 26 - October 29: scarecrows picked up and photos taken with winners!
HOW TO VOTE:
Ballots can be picked up at any of the sponsoring locations, but completed ballots MUST BE RETURNED TO THE BRENHAM VISITOR CENTER (115 W Main St).
Goal: Create a whimsical and fun scarecrow to be on display downtown this fall. Your design can be as plain or as elaborate as you would like.
Most importantly - HAVE FUN!
1) Scarecrows and décor must be made as weather resistant as possible.
2) Non-organic décor is preferred (fake pumpkins, gourds, flowers, etc.) If you choose to use organic materials, monitor regularly, and remove decaying items.
3) Scarecrows must be appropriate for public viewing. No inappropriate or overly frightening designs. Remember this is a family friendly event.
4) You must provide one hay bale for your display.
5) Main Street will provide signage with your scarecrow's name.
6) Please check on your scarecrow regularly. Voting is open through most of October, so you want to keep your scarecrow looking fresh!
7) Your scarecrow must be set up in your designated location no later than October 1st.
8) After the competition ends, scarecrow displays must be picked-up no later than Friday, October 29 - UNLESS you are an award winner.
9) Winners will be announced Tuesday, October 26th and contacted to schedule a time on the 28th or 29th for a photo - AND to receive a check from the sponsor!
10) Have fun and be creative!