2017 Scarecrow Extravaganza
Main Street Brenham is calling all businesses, clubs, classrooms, individuals, and families to participate in the 14th Annual Scarecrow Extravaganza 2017! Sign up today to create your own unique scarecrow to be on display in downtown Brenham. We will provide one hay bale and signs for each entry. All entries must provide an email address where contest rules and scarecrow location will be sent after registration closes.
Important Dates to Remember:
- Friday, September 29: registration closes (online or printed form)
- Friday, October 6: Completed scarecrows are due downtown in their designated area (this location will be emailed to you after registration)
- October 7-29: Voting is open! Ballots are available in SPONSORING STORES ONLY!
- Tuesday, October 31: Winners Announced!
- November 1-3: Scarecrows picked up and photos with winners.
Grand Prize - $250 - sponsored by KWHI/KTEX - Awarded to the scarecrow with the most votes (not awarded to retailer-made scarecrows).
Six additional prizes - $150 - sponsored by Yumm! Sweets & Eats, The Canyon Chick, Hermann Furniture, Dona Lynn's Unique Gifts, The Pomegranate, and Must Be Heaven. Awarded to the scarecrows with the next most votes (not awarded to retailer-made scarecrows).
Questions? Contact Alexandra Dill at firstname.lastname@example.org